Wednesday, December 5, 2018

What I Ate

I started the day with another carrot, orange and ginger juice. I Between public transportation and the public at work I am on the defense this cold and flu season. The other ay I was on the bus and I swear to you every.single.person was coughing, wheezing or sneezing. And I'm sitting ther breathing recycled air. It was so hard to not scream!!!
I was really enjoying having salads everyday and I've been missing them. So I made this little salad with red pepper, cucumber and avocado. With the best dressing ever. This really hit the spot!
For dinner I made another red lentil and potato curry. I just can't get enough of this meal! It's very comforting to me, and as a bonus it's super comforting on the wallet! And I know I say it every time, but I love making this meal in the morning and then heating it when I get home because we all know curry is better after it's mingled a bit! I swear by adding tamari and peanut butter. It gives it ooomph!
For the most part Joan is Miss Independent. A true introvert. She does have rare moments when she really wants attention or to snuggle. I always tease her that she has the worst timing because she'll want to be in my lap the moment I'm getting up, or she'll snuggle up with me in bed the minute I'm getting up. She decided yesterday that right when I wanted to do yoga was right when we needed to have some time. Joan won. I did do yoga, but only after I gave her some quality cuddle time!





8 comments:

  1. I hear you. It is holiday portrait season and we have kids marching in all day. I already lost the battle lol. I'm going to follow your lead and get some more whole foods into my diet to try and maximize my nutrient intake. Your juice and curry look delicious and sweet Joan is too adorable! I think she is my spirit animal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGGHH I'm so sorry. But you know I swear little kid germs are way stronger than adult germs!! No one stays home when they're sick anymore!
      I think she's my spirit animal too!

      Delete
  2. Joan is doing her best "Downward Cat" pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She likes your name better! I call it the cat bugging mom pose!

      Delete
  3. Of course Joan should win! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know when the last time I had carrot-orange-ginger juice was but I definitely need to get some soon! Of course you have to postpone yoga for kitty cuddles; that's just mandatory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get a burst of energy from that juice combo. I love it!
      Kitty cuddles come before most things!

      Delete