Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday Monday

I was walking somewhere on Saturday morning and the air was still cool, and the sun was still gentle and I had to take this picture to remind myself of the beauty of the sun. This summer I've spent lots of time cursing the sun which is so not like me. Two hours later I was back to cursing, but I had this moment!
I also hit Sprouts market on Saturday. They were having another amazing weekend sale, and I got all this for thirteen dollars! I got two pounds of nectarines, five pounds of red potatoes, cilantro, strawberries, two packages of tofu, bulk split peas, and bulk Jasmine rice. Nectarines are one of my favorite fruits, and Sprouts had them on sale for $.88 a pound! It's so funny every time I go to Sprouts, the cashier also always comments on how much stuff I get for what I spend. And they work there!
This tasted so great on Saturday night! It's just Jasmine rice and tofu baked in a sweet and spicy hoisin sauce with some cilantro. After eating mainly potatoes for quite some time, rice just tasted so incredible!
Thanks to the sale at Sprouts, this meal was about one dollar. Look at those perfect potatoes! I love red potatoes so much. I just cut these in half and seasoned them with smoked paprika, garlic powder and nutritional yeast. Simple and delicious!
Happy Monday!



9 comments:

  1. That's awesome that the cashier notices how low you keep your check out price! And I agree those potatoes look perfect! That sauce sounds good, too! Nice photo of the sun! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always laugh when the cashiers are so surprised. They must not scour the sale ads the way I do!

      Delete
  2. Stonefruit and berries are always so expensive here, even when they are local and in season, that those prices just seem inconceivable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nectarines have been so expensive this year. This is the first time I've had nectarines this whole summer! And I've had mostly frozen berries even when fresh are in season because of the high price. It's so frustrating especially when everyone keeps saying to eat seasonally to save money.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful picture from your walk! I can imagine being angry at the sun with how hot it has been there. That is an amazing haul for great prices! Great looking meals as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was nice to take a moment to appreciate and love the sun again. Poor buddies gotten a lot of hate from me this summer!

      Delete
  4. Some people just don't know how to save money! Although I have to say you get some great deals, I suck at buying produce by price, not what I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like an old lady. I scour the sale ads and then figure out what I'm going to make based on the sales. I'm both proud and embarrassed to admit that!

      Delete
  5. Impressive haul! Your tofu & rice dish looks perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete