Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Taco Tuesday Pantry Edition + Recipe+ Kitties!

Green juice and Animal
It's hard to take a picture with one hand, with a cat and have it turn out not fuzzy. Anyway, this green juice had kale, pineapple, cucumber, carrot, and mandarins. It isn't as pretty as some green juice, this looks more like green scum, but it was very tasty.
I finally made tacos for taco Tuesday! I'm really bad with things on days, part of it is not always remembering, and the other part is wanting to do things on whatever day I choose.  But, I had some chickpeas floating around in my cupboard, and some cabbage that needed to be used, so I made spicy roasted chickpea tacos with spicy ranch slaw! These were really tasty! Another pantry meal that turned out excellent!
Spicy little nuggets!
I even wrote down the recipe for the chickpeas! Woot woot! It was really hard not to just eat them off the pan!
                                                          Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
  • 1 1/2 Cups cooked chickpeas
  • 1 tsp. soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
  • 5 T. hot sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
  • S&P to taste
  • squeeze of lime at the end
Mix everything but the lime together, making sure that every garbanzo is coated. Place the beans on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 425 for twenty to twenty five minutes, flipping halfway through. After they're done, give a little squeeze of lime juice. Easy Chickpeas-y!
For the spicy slaw, I just mixed some of FYH's vegan ranch with a few dashes of hot sauce, and mixed that with some shredded cabbage. This was much tastier than the picture. The chickpeas are spicy, and the slaw is nice and cooling, and then the crunch of the shell, however inauthentic it is. This was a super tasty dinner, not to mention easy and cheap.
I figured for dessert I would leave you with what I deal with when I buy a pineapple. For awhile it was only Scrappy(brown stripes) who loved to chew on the tops. Now, the love has spread. I guess we all need our greens!


4 comments:

  1. More kitties!! Oh my goodness, they are too cute! I would go for the pineapple too :) The chickpeas sound so good and those tacos look amazing! I need to find that ranch dressing because I need to make slaw for something and many know that I have an intense mayo aversion (vegan or not) haha. Ranch is a good substitute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find the FYH ranch, maybe check Target because Just Mayo is now making vegan cookie dough, and also some vegan dressings, and I've heard their vegan ranch is out of this world!

      Delete
    2. Oh that is awesome thanks for the tip!

      Delete