Monday, February 15, 2021

Trying Spicy Nuggs!!

 I don't buy a lot of faux meats because they are all expensive, and I would rather splurge on vegan cheese if I have a few extra bucks in my weekly grocery budget. But when I see sales I like to try things, especially now that I'm having gluten. 

I've been hearing a lot about Nuggs for quite some time on social media. I think in the past you had to order a huge box online, and it's pretty expensive. I guess that isn't the case anymore because I saw them at a regular grocery store here in little old SLC!! They come in a box with 3.5 servings, and the serving is five nuggs, so I guess seventeen nuggs per box. The box was a little over five bucks, so definitely not cheap, but not too much more than similar products.

Simulate chicken??



They have a regular and spicy version, and of course I chose spicy! I was very surprised, because these actually have a pretty serious kick!! If you are sensitive to spice, avoid these and try the regular!

These have a pretty thick, in a good way batter that is very crunchy and definitely sticks to the nugg. The texture is firm, not mushy at all, and although I really hate this word, they are meaty. I think these would definitely if not fool at least satisfy a meat eater.

Ten out of ten! Next time I'll try the regular nuggs!


1 comment:

  1. I have thought about ordering them but didn't want a giant box. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete