Thursday, February 18, 2021

Comforting, Boring Food

 I'm sorry for my very sporadic posting lately. Not that I was ever really on any kind of schedule, but I've been posting way less than usual. I feel really low, and I don't want to complain all the time, but putting on a fake positive face feels like nothing I want to do here anyway. And I've definitely been in a food rut. I'm not bored with what I've been eating, but it's a lot of the same or very similar meals, lots of lentils!

Spicy black lentil dal with paratha bread

Red lentil dal with rice

Lentil soup and za'atar flatbread

It's been dreary and grey here for so long, I can't remember the last time I saw the sun for more than five minutes. All I want is a soup or stew and a blanket.

I've also been loving potsticker soup. It's so delicious and comforting and thanks to all the delicious vegan dumpling options out there, it takes under ten minutes to make!

Rice, sriracha tofu and potstickers in a spicy miso broth

Ramen noodles and potstickers in a spicy coconut curry broth

So although I'm enjoying my food, I am in a rut and my diet certainly hasn't been social media ready for awhile now. I feel stuck in several ways, not just the kitchen.

I woke poor Bubba up trying to get a picture of him all cozy wozy with his favorite blanket on one of his favorite chairs. Look at those baby blues!!

I have to get some groceries tomorrow, so maybe I'll be back this weekend with a haul, depending on how boring my haul is. But when I have something noteworthy to say, or I feel better I'll pop up. I hope everyone is staying warm, safe and as happy as we can be right now!


3 comments:

  1. Dumpling soup is amazing and it's definitely not weird to eat it for days on end without getting tired of it. I do that sometimes and I only tend to eat it one way! I need to branch out more with my dumpling soups.

    It's so snowy out there! I'm perpetually astonished by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sorry you're in a rut, and I hope you feel better soon! The dal looks amazing. I'm making dal tonight for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look after yourself. <3 I hope you feel out of your rut soon.
    Dumpling soup looks delightful.
    Oh Bubba, the things cats have to put up with!

    ReplyDelete