Monday, January 27, 2020

Gluten Free Goodies

I've been craving chickpea salad since last week when I saw some on Julie's blog. I used to eat chickpea salad all the time, but since going gluten free I don't eat sandwiches nearly as much. I picked up some gluten free bread on sale at Sprouts and knew I had to have a sandwich!
I cooked some dried chickpeas for hummus yesterday and set some chickpeas aside to make a little salad.
Toasted my sandwich in a pan and dipped it in mustard. Absolute perfection! Great cheerful way to start my day!
Here is the bread I used. It's from a company called Little Northern Bakehouse. I found this at Sprouts. I usually buy a different brand that's a dollar cheaper, but this was on sale for  a dollar off and boasted wide slice on the package so I had to try it. A lot of gluten free bread comes with the tiniest tea party slices and it's annoying. It's of course not as delicious as bread full of gluten, but honestly this is pretty dang good. I will definitely buy it again!
AS promised I baked a batch of these almond flour chocolate chip cookies! I had extremely low expectations. I thought they would be super dry and crumbly. But they are moist and soft and really, really tasty!! All you do is add plant milk and oil or butter to the mix and ten minutes later you have cookies!! These are definitely the best gluten free cookies I've had. I wish I would have bought more than two boxes!!! Buyers remorse!!
For dinner I made the cold Sichuan noodles salad from Some Like It Hot from Robin Robertson. Served with cucumber and baked tofu. The noodles are going into regular rotation for sure! Vinegar-y, a little sweet and definitely spicy! This was a simple meal that really tasted like I went all out for myself! I love Robin Robertson!
And look what I walked into!! Kiki laying on the same couch as Bubba! He and Floofy were there first, and she chose to lay there!! Her attacks have still been happening but with way less frequency so there is a chance we will find peace soon!






4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the gluten-free bread is getting better (and bigger!). I also haven't had chickpea salad in forever, but now I'm craving some too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice having a regular sized sandwich!!!
      It was so good, I definitely need to make it more often!

      Delete
  2. Yay for chickpea salad; I'm glad the bread was good, too! Those cookies sound fantastic! And hooray for Kiki joining Bubba on the couch; that's great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitten community! Yay!
    Glad you have had so much success with gluten free in this post.

    ReplyDelete