Saturday, November 16, 2019

See You in 2020 Trader Joe's!!

I made it to Trader Joe's yesterday, and after leaving did not have the strength to go to Sprouts. I have been half joking about taking a break from Trader Joe's till after the holidays, but after yesterday I really won't be back till 2020. I lost my list on the bus or the walk to the bus, so I was already frazzled, and then the crowds put me over the edge!! And I went on a Friday morning, about an hour after they opened. I can only imagine what today will be like.
Tofu, celery, gala apple, lemons, potatoes, Miyoko's cream cheese, butter lettuce,ginger, carrots, shredded carrots,coconut milk,chocolate peppermint almond beverage,water kefir,ginger turmeric tea,peppermint coffee creamer, lime, onion
I didn't buy this, but it's the first time I've seen it at Trader Joe's, and the price is lower than I've seen at other stores. It drives me insane how expensive oat milk is considering how cheap oats are. Kind of like bean pasta.
I love the GT's water kefir!! I tried the pineapple peach awhile ago, and Trader Joe's now has the pink grapefruit which is AHMAZING!! I highly recommend! Joan shares my enthusiasm!


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the oat milk and the bean pasta! Before oat milk became such a popular thing (in the refrigerated section) I used to buy shelf-stable oat milk that wasn't all that pricey. I guess oats are having their moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing the shelf stable oat milk years ago, and it was as cheap as soy milk. Oats are definitely having their 15 minutes of fame. Meanwhile, you can buy organic oats in the bulk section for $.69 a pound!!!

      Delete
  2. I love water kefir, I prefer it to kombucha, but it is much harder to find.
    We have a lot of pretty affordable oat milks here, thankfully as they are what I tend to use most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer it to kombucha too! But you're right, here kombucha is almost everywhere, but the water kefir is much harder to find.
      I kind of refuse to buy oat milk because the pricing is really, really ridiculous!

      Delete