Friday, August 7, 2020

New Thangs!

 I've discovered that Smith's not only has clearance sections and WoHoo sales on food, but you can find awesome WooHoo sales upstairs in the kitchen and bath section. I've found a few great deals recently, and yesterday I found an adorable bowl and plate that were both on clearance, with an extra thirty percent off. So I paid a little over a dollar for each. Almost thrift store prices!

While I was in the area I popped into Whole Foods for a few things. I really wanted to go to Sprouts, but in this heat walking those extra blocks wasn't worth it. 

Yellow and red plums, cassava chips,potatoes,sweet potato, nectarine, pear, grapefruit kombucha, fruit freezeies, gold kiwi, Miyoko's aged smoked cheese, chickpea pasta,rice paper wraps, macadamia creamer,romaine, method cleaner, quinoa flour wraps,cilantro, carrot,coconut milk, gochujang, chili crunch, tom yum paste

Look what I made last night! I finally succeeded in making salad rolls! These have baked tofu, romaine, cilantro and shredded carrot. I saw someone make these in a video, and she only added tofu and veggies, no noodles. She made it look so easy I decided to try her method and it worked! These were delicious, and I can't wait to make them all the time with all kinds of different veggies!

6 comments:

  1. Was it the video from Good Eatings on YouTube? That was the one that inspired me to make summer rolls for the first time, too! I loved them and I don't really care for the noodles that often go into them, so it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Sweet Simple Vegan. I've never had rolls without noodles, and I actually like just tofu and veggies better! Without the noodles you have more room for veggies which makes me feel better!

      Delete
  2. Your new plate and bowl are both so pretty! And your salad rolls look absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rolls look amazing, excellent rolling work!
    And excellent plate buying - I love finding cute things like that at good prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I usually go thrifting for these kind of deals, so it was nice finding them new at those prices!

      Delete